Ready to make a leap beyond a simple web version of your old resumé?
Until now, the professional social network functioned more as an interactive business card – a way to find people, opportunities, and better jobs. The new suite of applications are designed to enhance your ability to communicate and collaborate with your LinkedIn connections. In other words, these are sales tools in disguise.
Consider the insight you could gain (or on the flip side, how you could better market yourself) with one or more of the following:
- Reading List by Amazon – Share books you’ve read or find out what books you should be reading.
- WordPress – Sync your blog and your LinkedIn profile. Let one sell the other.
- Box.net Files & Huddle Workspaces – Compact project collaboration tools that make it easy to work with your colleagues.
- Company Buzz – Follow Twitter activity associated with your company. Don’t Twitter? Your naysayers (or praisers) might, and that’s reason enough. Remember What’s on Tweety’s mind?
- SlideShare & Google Presentation – Two great presentation options here. Upload existing PowerPoint docs and embed in your profile.
- My Travel – Update your profile with travel plans or see who’s coming into town.
This is just the beta rollout, so expect more LinkedIn applications in the future.